Velux FCM Skylights Solar Powered Blinds
Solar Blind for Velux Curb Mount Skylights - DSC and RSC
Please call us at 1-800-900-0759 if your skylights were purchased prior to 2010.
Whether you choose a blackout blind to block the light or the light diffusing shade to eliminate glare, you'll can choose just what you want to put the perfect touch on your skylight and your room!
Availability: In stock
Control the light and heat that enters your room using only the power of the sun! Our innovative design is operated by remote control and requires no wiring and no electrician. All qualify for a 30% federal tax credit. VELUX solar blinds are available in blackout and light diffusing versions.
If you already have a FCM - Velux Fixed Curb Mount Skylight but you're in need of a blind, this is the what you are looking for. These blinds will fit Velux curb mount skylights manufactured in 2010 or later. There are two types of blinds available, blackout or light diffusing blinds. Both types are available in different colors. Special order colors are available in a larger variety of color and take about 2 weeks to deliver.
All FCM blinds require purchase of accessory tray that the blinds attach onto.
30% federal tax credit
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 established a 30% tax credit for the purchase and installation of photovoltaic property installed between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2016.
The blackout blind can convert day into night excluding even the brightest sunlight, which makes it perfect for rooms that require total room darkening such as bedrooms or TV/entertainment rooms. Perfect for afternoon siestas and light summer nights. If you choose a VELUX blackout blind, you will enjoy total blackout plus optimal heat protection.
- Maximum light blocking - tight design and light blocking fabric block sunlight so that less than 2% enters the room.
- Color - white, beige, dark blue, nature pink and nature metallic (grey)
- Glare control - eliminates direct sunlight to significantly reduce or eliminate glare on your TV or computer screen, which increases the versatility of the room.
- Energy efficiency -The blackout blind has an energy efficient aluminum coating on the exterior side that acts as a heat barrier, increasing energy efficiency up to 20% and reducing your heating and cooling costs due to the better natural climate control in your room.
Light Diffusing Blind
No longer is direct sunlight an issue. With the new VELUX light diffusing blind, soft, diffused light is all that will enter your room. Perfect for rooms when softer light is desired such as kitchens and bathrooms. If you choose a VELUX light diffusing blind, you will enjoy the benefits of natural light without glare.
- Light diffusing material - tight design and light diffusing fabric allows soft, diffused light to enter the room.
- Color - white, beige, and dark blue
- Glare control - diffuses direct sunlight to significantly reduce or eliminate glare on your TV or computer screen, which increases the versatility of the room.
- Energy efficiency -The light diffusing blind increases energy efficiency up to 16%, reducing your heating and cooling costs due to the better natural climate control in your room.
Quick and easy installation
Installation of a VELUX blind has never been easier in curb mounted skylights with the drop in accessory tray. And with the new innovative Pick&Click!™ brackets mounted in the accessory blind installation is a snap! Simply snap your blinds into the accessory tray, remove your skylight from the curb, drop the tray into place and re-install the skylight. (See instructions for full details)
All Solar Powered blinds come with a remote control to operate the blinds.
IF YOUR SKYLIGHT IS PRE-2010 THESE WILL NOT FIT. NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS ON BLINDS. If you are unsure of the age of your skylights, please call us to find out how to identify your skylight.
|Delivery||S - 3 to 5 Business Days|