VCM 2234 - Velux Manual Venting Curb Mount Skylight
Designed for curb mounted installations, the VCM manual venting skylight enables any home to embrace the best of what nature has to offer. Opening for maximum fresh air, the venting skylight contributes to a home's proper moisture balance and comfort level by allowing stale, humid air to be released.
The VCM skylight installs on site-built curbs with slopes between 0° (flat or 0:12) and 60° (20:12).
Convenient manual control
The VCM skylight is easily opened and closed manually with VELUX control rods when installed out-of-reach. A smooth turning handle with a white finish is available when skylights are installed within reach.
Pick&Click! ™ pre-installed
The new innovative Pick&Click! ™ brackets make blind installation a snap! Every VCM skylight comes pre-installed with Pick&Click! ™ brackets that allows for fast and easy installation of sunscreening blinds and accessories.
Energy efficient glass options
All VELUX skylight glazings are built using energy efficient, LoE3, Argon gas injected dual glass panes. The VCM skylight comes with your choice of the following glazing options, each designed to meet the needs of specific building situations:
- Impact glass - Special safety glass designed to meet code requirements for hurricane prone areas (Contact us for availability and pricing)
- Laminated glass - Tempered safety glass with extra laminated pane for added safety and comfort
- Tempered glass - Tempered safety glass
- White laminated glass - Tempered, laminated safety glass with a white coating to provide diffused lighting (Contact us for availability and pricing)
Sunscreening options for optimal light control
The VCM skylight is compatible with the following sunscreening accessories:
- Blackout Blinds – Blocks 98% of the light. Available in solar only.
- Light Diffusing Blinds – Diffuse the light and eliminates the glare. Available in solar only.
The VCM skylight is designed for simple and weathertight installations on site-built curbs. It features factory applied gaskets to seal out wind and water for a weathertight installation.
Flashing options for a weathertight installation
These flashing systems help ensure a weathertight installation for your VCM skylight:
- VELUX ECL step flashing for curb mounted skylights is available for shingles and other low-profile roofing materials only on roofs with pitches greater than 10°. Site-built flashings are required for other roofing materials and roof pitches less than 10°.
- VELUX ECW tile flashing for curb mounted skylights is available for tile and other high-profile roofing materials only on roofs with pitches greater than 15°. Site-built flashings are required for other roofing materials and roof pitches less than 15°.
The VCM skylight is constructed with maintenance free white frames and sashes that insulates and strengthens the unit. A steel chain operator that eliminates the need for any interior attachments is also included.
|Rough Opening||22 1/2" x 34 1/2"|
|Delivery||T - 7 to 10 Business Days|